Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Week 1 Setup

Because some of the weekly events require a little bit of research or setup, we like to do them a little in advance.  I flipped the Pit Fight event for week 1.  You play 1 mosh pit game where everybody takes 1 of their non-henchemen models and fights it out.  1st to die gets 3 scrip, last one standing gets 3 scrip, and you get 3 scrip everytime you kill somebody.  All 5 of us show up on Tuesday night, so we set up the match.  Chad has his Golem, Ty has his Strongarm Suit.  They are the two heavy hitters, as the rest of us have lower SS models (Ricky has the Lone Marshall, I have my Gunsmith, and Joe has an Illuminated).  We place our models and make our truces (I truce with Ricky, Joe truces with Ty).  Joe is the last one to place and sandwiches himself between Ty and Chad.  Chad immediately charges and gets the Illuminated down to just a few hitpoints.  I double move into range, and then before Joe even gets a chance to activate, Ty breaks their truce and kills him.  3 scrip for Ty, 3 scrip for Joe (and a decent insight into the type of non-trustworthy hooligan Ty is).
Ricky and I manage to stay out of harms way as the two heavy hitters wail on each other.  Chad finally kills the Strongarm Suit for 3 scrip, but is very low on health.  I swoop in and pick up the easy kill for 3 scrip myself.  And Ricky finishes me off for a total of 6 scrip.  It was an awesome event. very fun, although I imagine Joe would have enjoyed something else a bit more. 
After the game we flip for the 2nd weekly event (Pit Fight tells you to flip another result), and we get Guild Patrol (4 guild guards show up at the end  of round 2, and a peacekeeper follows if you kill all of them).

No comments:

Post a Comment